Sunday, June 8, 2008

Drum Roll Please.....

I know all of you have been waiting in anticipation.....

Introducing Emma Grace! She was born June 5th at 11:46 am. She weighted in at 7lbs 150z and 20 inches (my smallest one yet!). Here are some pics and if you want to hear the birth story then you'll have to scroll past the pics.
More pics to come, I promise! In the meantime let me expand on Emma's arrival. On June 5th at 1:00am I woke up because my water broke. This happened to me with Kylee too but since its not a huge rushing gush I didn't know until 18 hours later with Kylee....this time I knew what had happened. No contractions.....my water breaking just doesn't send me into active labor like I hear happens with other woman. Of course, perfect timing, Kylee woke up minutes later complaining of an earache.....thats a whole other story. Anyways, I woke Greg up (after settling Kylee back down) and we called our friend Gina who started her trek to our house (she was up in Plumas Lake about 30 minutes away). I took a shower and did my hair and makeup (funny huh....I had no contractions people.....what else was I suppose to do!). Anyways, Gina came, we left. We made it down to the hospital around 2:00am and got checked in. They admitted me because I was "leaking" but had to wait around to see if I would go into labor. At 6:00am Greg went over to McDonalds and got us breakfast (thats one nice thing about not being in active labor...you can eat!). After breakfast they did my lab work for my epidural so that I could get it any time I wanted it (since they were going to have to put me on pitocin soon). I opted to be put on pitocin cause I was tired and wanted her out.....I didn't want to have to sit in a hospital room all day hoping that my labor would start. After about 2 hours on pitocin (those contractions are so much harder for me than natural labor contractions).....I was still only at 3cm! I got put on my epidural. Then I kinda just snoozed/talked to Greg until about 11:20 when I rolled over in bed and felt like I had to push. Greg rushed out and got the nurse and they got the midwife. I started pushing a few minutes later and about 20 minutes later she was born! She was definitely the easiest to push out....no tearing or anything! Yeah! Anyways, that was it.....not too much drama. Definitely not how I pictured it after having Sarah come out so quickly. I was anticipating a mad rush to the hospital but in the end it was pretty pleasant to go in leisurely for my Third! Who would have thought my water would break just like with Kylee and my body still be clueless as to what to do! I wouldn't change it thought....it was perfect and pretty much pain free (except for those two hours) so I couldn't ask for anything more! I am just so excited that she is here (4 days early) and that she is healthy and beautiful!

17 comments:

Jen said...

Congratulations! I'm so happy and excited for you! And I have to say you look so beautiful after having a baby!

Susanne said...

What a cutie! She looks sooooo much like her sisters. But is her hair lighter? Maybe she'll be blonde like Greg. I can't wait to come over and see her!!! ♥

Leslie said...

She is beautiful! Glad you had a smooth delivery.

Cristin said...

Congrats! She looks great and wow, doing your hair and make up - lucky you! You look great!

Dave Dyk said...

Congratulations on a beautiful baby girl! I have to agree with Susanne that she looks a lot like Sarah (I don't remember if I saw newborn pics of Kylee). What a doll! How are you all liking the new house?

Shirley said...

Yay!!! And you were worried that she might huge! (Well, I guess she did come early, huh? So maybe she would have been.)
I also agree with Susanne...Emma looks just like Sarah. How adorable!

Becky said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! She is really truly lovely!

kel said...

What a doll!! I've been waiting ALL weekend for these pics!! Glad it went so smoothly! Can't wait to meet her in person!

Celestia said...

She is absolutely beautiful and you look great too. I wish that my last birth could have been slow and easy. It makes it so much more enjoyable. We miss you guys and hopefully some day we will get to see you all. Love the name Emma too.

Meg said...

She is adorable!!!! I'm glad everything went, can't wait to see more pictures. Megan

Anonymous said...

she is so cute! i can't wait to see her!

Jesse Edwards said...

YEAH!!!! She's beautiful! And you are terribly skinny! Glad it went easily though! Congratulations!

tara said...

yay for babies coming early!! congratulations. i'm so excited that your labor was pretty trauma free. gotta love that epidural. it certainly is my best friend. di you mean 11:20 at night or in the morning? congrats and i hope you're not too sleep-deprived so you can enjoy that new little addition.

Huhtala Family said...

Yay! That was my guess! What did I win?? Congratulations, she's beautiful!

Laura said...

Hey Greg and Karin,
You have a beautiful family, it is so fun to stumble on blogs of people you grew up with.

Congrats on your new arrival, she is beautiful!!!

Laura (Estill)

Anonymous said...

Yahooee. Congratulations! She's gorgeous. Just like all the rest.

Dave Dyk said...

Tell Sarah Jonah says, 'Happy Birthday' to her too! Can you believe that she is two already?!