Friday, June 27, 2008

Two means Trouble!

Ok, just imagine the worst thing your child has done......maybe its licked the floor in a restaurant or stuck their foot in a toilet. Now, picture me walking into Sarah's room and finding her covered in Poop as well as her crib covered in poop AND....AND...Sucking her thumb! How did this happen you might ask? Sarah still takes naps (thank goodness!) and when she's done with her nap I guess she figures she might as well take care of business too! After thats taken care of then she starts calling for me. If I don't hear her right away or if it takes too long for me to get there she must get bored......she's fully clothed when I come in......her hand is covered in poo except for one finger....her THUMB. This is not because it wasn't once covered in poo....as i'm sure it was.....but she is a thumb sucker addict. Oh the horrors! She has done this twice already this week and it is driving me crazy! Of course it means in the midst of taking care of a newborn and entertaining a 4 year old I have to wash crib sheets, the crib, bathe Sarah and scrub out her mouth! Its lovely! Oh, and in case your wondering why there is not a pic to accompany this wonderful post.....it disturbs me just writing about it!
And yes, I have been posting a lot for a new mommy.....in my defense it takes less energy to blog then clean my house.....and also I actually have something to write about!

9 comments:

Shirley said...

Gross!!!!I am so sorry! Could this mean time to potty-train and move to toddler bed? I don't have any other ideas. How can she stand the taste?! Ewww!
Reminds me of a time when my neice and nephew (age 4 and 2) were helping their mom make chocolate brownies. Matthew had some brown stuff on his finger so Emily assumed it was batter and licked it off. Apparently it didn't taste like chocolate!

Susanne said...

YUCK!!! Okay, I thought it was bad enough to have to clean that up, but she was sucking her thumb, too?!?!? That is sooooooo gross!

Dave Dyk said...

I'm amazed that she was still fully clothed during this process. Whew! Hopefully it's going to be a short-lived phase!

Jen said...

oh I am so sorry. Wow! At least you'll have a terribly embarassing story to torment her with when she's older. My mom loves to tell the one about the time my sister did the same thing (well, without the thumb-sucking) and then cried because she poopied on Jesus (it was all over her little picture of Christ).

Cristin said...

Wow - so she was sleeping in it, it didn't wake her up? That is disgusting. Thank you for not posting pictures.

Celestia said...

Ahhh the poop blog. Did you see mine about when I was pregnant with the twins? He went through a pooping in the bath tub phase, it passed and so will this.

josie said...

oh, im so sorry! This sounds like something that would happen to me. When was Emma born? I just saw your blog on celestia's and thought I would come by and see if you had given birth. Emma is adorable. we just had ours on monday. so, so much fun dressing a girl.

Abbie said...

Kids do the grossest things!!

Jesse Edwards said...

LOL!!!! that is so not funny, but funny at the same time!!! So sorry.