Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Fabulous 4th!!!!

This last weekend we got to celebrate the 4th with lots of family!! We don't normally get to see our family over this holiday and it was a real treat! Everyone was up for Emma's blessing which took place on Sunday in our new ward. Thank you to all our friends and family that came out for her special day! We had fun seeing everyone and really appreciated all those who could come!

We started the day off with a pancake breakfast/parade at the church!









Kaitlyn & Kylee at the Pancake breakfast at the church, July 4th!


















Riding in the "parade" at the church













Sarah, wanting to be held at the breakfast because she couldn't ride in the parade


Then we headed back to our house and had a BBQ and played in our backyard while little ones took naps!
















Gavin and Sarah playing in the backyard on the 4th.....I just thought this was a cute pic of the two of them!







"Pa" (my dad) and my little brother Tyler hanging out in the backyard on the 4th!


















Kylee and Kaitlyn being goofballs in the backyard

After that we headed over to our clubhouse pool and went swimming (minus me, Emma and Greg's mom - Roberta who just watched from the patio, and Thomas who stayed back at the house and watched TV)









This is Sarah swimming around with Greg in the "Big" pool










I don't know why this picture is uploading sideways but this is to show how crazy Sarah is in the water! This is in the "little" pool that goes from 6in to 2 1/2 ft. She likes to go under the water and totally freak us out! She just thinks its so fun to "dunk"
















Emma "laying out" at the pool for the first time (she was in the shade I promise) not that she needs to little tan girl!









Roberta and I watching all the action from the sidelines. See, Emma is in the shade! Isn't that the cutest 4th of July swimsuit ever (on Emma)!
After the pool we got the kids all washed up and then did a little fireworks show in our front yard! Note to others: Put shoes on your kids before you do sparklers! I think every single one of them (maybe not Sarah who was being held the whole time) stepped on a spark at some point that evening!



All jammied up and watching the show!













The girls thought the fireworks were loud! Good thing we didn't go to a real show!



Sparklers - fun to play with not so fun for bare feet! I think Kylee thought she could blow it out like a b-day candle.
Thanks to Susanne who took most of the pics that day! Minus the pool ones (I thought i'd spare her by putting any pool pics up with her or my other sister Kim in them) :)!

3 comments:

Cristin said...

I think it is hilarious that you put Emma in a bathing suit. (I'm assuming she didn't go in the pool.) I have a suit for Charlie that I thought he would never wear at this age, but maybe I'll put it on him just for show the next time we're at the beach.

Becky said...

So fun! I love the fourth of July. I can't wait for Preston to be old enough to actually enjoy holidays!

Dave Dyk said...

What a fun day! It's so great you got to see all your family for the 4th!