Weekends that have an agenda never go as planned! Just this last weekend was my baby shower. In the morning we decided to take my sister up to our new house to check it out before the baby shower that afternoon. You know, low key, be back way before lunch kinda planning......unfortunately that was not the case! Maybe five minutes into our new house tour (we had only hit the backyard and front entry way really) we hear shrieks from upstairs where all four kids had disappeared to. I can't tell you how fast I ran up those stairs....even though I am 34 weeks along....poor little Sarah was locked in the bathroom by an unknown child. At first inspection I thought that was all that was wrong until I noticed the blood on the bathroom door and her thumb a big mess (most likely slammed in the door somehow)! Greg came up to check things out and announced it looked ER worthy. So off we head to the ER.....two hours later with some liquid stitch on her thumb I made it to my shower. I will post the pics of her thumb at the bottom of this entry just in case any of you want to avoid those pics.
Anyways, besides the very crazy morning my shower was wonderful!! Thank you so much to Chrissie, Kelsey, Michele and Kelly who pulled it all off! I was also very grateful to all the people who showed up to my shower despite this being my third girl! I really felt spoiled and LOVED all the cute new outfits/supplies that I was given! So, before the nasty thumb pics you can enjoy a few from the fun event
Most of the people, minus Susanne who was taking the pic and a few people who had to leave early
Me opening gifts....and yes I seriously wear this shirt all the time! It gets hard when no other shirts go over your belly at this point!
34 weeks.....6 weeks to go and counting!

I love the flower arrangements that Kelly did!!

Adorable diaper cake that Chrissie made! I wish I had the food table too that Kelsey did....it was all so beautiful!
WARNING**** DO NOT SCROLL ANY LOWER UNLESS YOU WANT TO SEE THE NASTY THUMB PICS!!!!

This is the side that split open and had the liquid stitch on (until that came off Sunday night....lovely).

I know this pic is not focused very well but it shows how nasty blue/purple her fingernail is on her thumb! This was before the liquid bandage came off so it looks kinda bubbly for that reason.
6 comments:
Poor Sarah, her finger looks awful! Hope it heals quickly.
Looks like you had a nice shower - so fun!
Poor little girl! And I know that had to be rough on the mommy too! Glad your shower was fun!
I felt so bad for Sarah!!! I hope it's getting better.
OUCH!!! Give Sarah a kiss for me. Poor baby. You looks super cute with your baby belly! We can't wait to meet Emma!
I am sorry I couldn't make it, but besides the finger it looks like you guys had a great time. Good luck on your impending arrival!
Dat poor baby :(
I had a great time at your shower! Good luck on your move, It's great to be pregnant cuz no one will let you lift anything heavy :)
Post a Comment