I'm sure many of you can relate when your toddler asks you something and you seriously question if they are speaking English. This happens quite often with Sarah since she is still in the "learning to talk" phase. Some of her really funny mispronunciations are "Mas" for "more"....thank you Dora the Explorer or the fact that she adds -ie to anything (example: ballie, cupie, shoeie). Anyways, this kinda stuff happens a lot less with Kylee since she is almost 4 and has been speaking pretty well for awhile now. The other day however she comes up to me and is explaining what games she wants to play at her b-day party next week. The conversation goes as follows: Kylee: "I want to play at MY PARTY hokie pokie, duck duck goose, hide and seek and pinball the doggie"
Me: "Ok, we can play all of those.....wait what is pinball the doggie?"
Some of you have already probably figured out what she is getting to but she seriously pronounces everything so clearly, like a little adult that I am thinking "what the hey is pinball the doggie?".
So I ask, "how do you play pinball the doggie?". She goes into an explanation about taking a tail and getting a blindfold on and trying to put the tail on the "doggie". In case any of you are still not catching on its "pin the tail on the donkey". I just started cracking up! I ask her to say "pin the tail on the donkey" and she can say it fine but she must have heard it wrong and still insists that the name of the game is "pinball the doggie". Other funny pronunciations of Kylee are "Brestist" - Breakfast, "peered away"- disappeared and the all time classic "pisgetti" - spaghetti. Too funny!
2 comments:
Jonah says 'mas' instead of 'more' too! He's never watched Dora, but somehow decided that 'mas' was more fun to say than 'more.' That story of her birthday game is too funny!
CUTE! That was so funny! :-)
Post a Comment