Emma turned ONE on June 5th!! It was so much fun and she seems older already. Makes me sad and happy all at the same time. We had a fun party lunch at our house with some of our friends and family. Emma enjoyed the attention and CAKE!! I loved watching her smash herself in cake. She has definitely been the most comical cake eater of the family. She put her face down and bit it and then was kneading it with her hands. She pretty much demolished the cake as you can see from the pictures. I LOVED it!! Emma is such a fun one year old and we have so much fun having her as a part of our family. She is sweet (unless the girls try to pick her up), independent (I think the girls hold her more than I do), funny (she likes to make her sisters laugh by doing funny things such as making funny faces), daring (her newest trick is falling backwards in the bathtub while sitting and then floating there with just her eyes, nose and mouth out of the water), lively (any music makes her shake her little tooshie), and loving (to those who she deems worthy of her affection, which lately is my neighbor Melissa and her son aka future hubby Nolan :)!). Anyways, here are some pics to prove we actually celebrated: 

Oh, and she thinks she is the same age as her sisters!
Opening presents.
Before picture of the Cake....such a pretty cake.
She is eyeing it. She is also wondering why there is a stick that is glowing on top.....unsure about that.
She tests it with the fingers to make sure it is what she thinks it is.....
Yup! It is what she thinks it is.....so why use the hands!
This is awhile later after the hand kneading took place. You can see how much of the cake is left!! Ha! She is the first of our girls to pretty much demolish the entire cake!
Emma being silly. She loves to try and get her sisters yucky during dinner time too. She was having lots of fun every time anyone got near....the kids from the party especially. She is just so funny like that.
I had a great after shot picture of the cake but for some reason it won't let me add it!! So, just referr to picture above for final results!!







5 comments:
I LOVE it!!! What a cutie! That's hilarious that she just dug right in. :-)
She's so cute! I love the cake pictures!! I'm glad she gives me love, I feel special!
What a big girl she's getting to be! And so cute too! Love those awesome cake pics. :)
Adorable!! All your girls are just such beauties!
We might be going to Nevada City sometime this fall, if we do, I'll send you an email, hopefully we can meet up or something!
Hi Karin! I can't believe it's been a year already. All your girls have grown so much since I've seen them. Emma looks like she had a great birthday. Hope you are all doing well.
Post a Comment