Monday, July 14, 2008

Down Memory Lane

Okay, i'm stealing this idea from Mindy's blog....I love it!
Here are the directions:

1. As a comment on my blog, leave one memory that you and I had together. It doesn't matter if you knew me a little or a lot, anything you remember!

2. Next, re-post these instructions on your blog and see how many people leave a memory about you. It's actually pretty funny to see the responses. If you leave a memory about me, I'll assume you're playing the game and I'll come to your blog and leave one about you. If you don't want to play on your blog, or if you don't have a blog, I'll leave my memory of you in my comments.

I'm sure there is something you remember about me?!!

13 comments:

Mindy and Benjamin said...

Wow, I had totally forgotten about that summer of stalking Aaron...though I am not at all surprised. I have so many different memories they are all blurring together. I just remember spending lots of time at your house and trying to get away from your annoying little sisters (hehe, sorry Susanne and Kim)-it was nice to have a good friend that lived so close. I also remember playing that old school Oregon trail game on your computer.

Jen said...

Well this is fun! Of course, I have so many memories with you it's pretty ridiculous... But here's one: We were both brand new to SVC, and both feeling pretty lonely, when we ended up next to each other on a bus headed somewhere. We were pretty much inseparable ever since! Thanks for being my very first college friend! And that memory just led right to all the others - dances, studying, soccer games, boys, the list goes on and on! Oh, and I guess I'll share just one more: Our impromptu day at the beach in CA, complete with "bathing suits" from Wal Mart...
It's fun to think about all the fun times we've had - and I hope I get to see you again someday and make some more memories!

Dave Dyk said...

This is a fun idea! Sorry I don't have a blog of my own so I could do it too.
I always remember how clumsy we both were. It seem we were always tripping when together and often at the same time (like the time we both almost fell on our face coming from the breeze-way inside the third wing of good 'ol CHS. I think we tripped on a rug that had been flipped up). I also remember hanging out at your house a lot in the summer after freshman year and playing with your baby brother.

Dave Dyk said...

This is a fun idea! Sorry I don't have a blog of my own so I could do it too.
I always remember how clumsy we both were. It seem we were always tripping when together and often at the same time (like the time we both almost fell on our face coming from the breeze-way inside the third wing of good 'ol CHS. I think we tripped on a rug that had been flipped up). I also remember hanging out at your house a lot in the summer after freshman year and playing with your baby brother.

Karin Hopkins said...

Oh Heidi...I couldn't stop laughing when we would trip together! I also remember how everyone thought we we're twins! I also remember us both eating bean burritos for lunch like every day!

Jesse Edwards said...

This is fun!!! I remember at SVC riding in your mustang with Jen and Sanequa singing Inside out by Eve 6 and Dimelo by Voices of Theory...Then we would get lost. How many times did we get lost on the way to some soccer game? so much fun! Those songs just remind me of those days.

Becky said...

I remember when Kaylee was very first born and Susanne and I went to visit you in your brand new house out towards Marysville. Now you have three kids and live in Rocklin! My oh my how quickly time passes.

Shirley said...

I haven't known you very long, but my first memory is our first sunday in Eastern Ave Ward. I can't even remember if you introduced yourself or what (maybe Greg did). And by the end of church Greg had invited us over for dinner and told me to set something up with you. I always wondered if he sprung that on you everytime a new couple moved into the ward. Did he feel it his Elders Quorum President duty?
And then who can forget when we had you guys over for dinner. Good times.

Jen said...

Karin, I was totally about to use your date with Rodney as my memory for you, too! Poor guy...:)

tara said...

hey karin--who could forget efy in good ol tacoma. remember all those crazy grunge wannabe's? gotta love teenagers. i also remember eating at your house and watching your little sister pull out the croutons and eat the whole box. that was awesome. go oregon trail!

Susanne said...

So many great memories...
Christmas in July back in Sanford...
Playing pretend with our cowboy hats while driving across the country...
Walking to Hieson store (sp?) barefoot...
Almost getting run over by Kristen & Jacqie's horse... and riding bareback (didn't you get bucked off once, too?)
Waking up at 4am on Christmas morning to go get our stockings...
Going to stake dances together...
Practically forcing you to go out to sushi with Greg, Nate, and I (yes, I take all the credit for you two...jk!)
Going backpacking and washing our hair in the lake (yuck!)...
Having you in the hospital with us when Kaitlyn was born (and I still really appreciate that you were there for me!).
I love you, sis!

Anonymous said...

so many times to think of... let me think of a good one... probably are many hours spent on play dates when colby and kylee were little. We had such great time chatting for hours and hours, pretty much all day most days. I treasure that time, how I miss not being so busy so we could actually do that again. I miss you tons!!!

Alyssa said...

I remember after your reception we ran over to Vons in Ojai, and there you were in Gregs car in your wedding dress. You said that Greg was inside getting some food since you were starving ...I guess so considering it was your wedding night!