Thursday, November 29, 2007

Happy Holidays to me?

For Thanksgiving this year we went down to Ojai, CA (if your wondering where that is.....well don't feel bad its pretty small near Ventura, Santa Barbara area) where Greg grew up. We had a great time visiting with the family. I know Kylee really enjoyed seeing her Grandma and Grandpa and Aunt Katie. The drive went well and the start of the holiday season has started up rather nicely I thought....or maybe not! It seems like ever since we have been home from Thanksgiving my girls have been fighting non-stop like cats and dogs. Usually Kylee and Sarah get along really well but all of a sudden Sarah has deceided that she is not going to put up with Kylee's bossiness any longer. They yell at each other back and forth "NO", "NO" and "Mine!", "no, mine". Geesh! I do remember fighting with my brothers and sisters. They were my friends one minute and foes the next but I didn't think it would start this early and shouldn't there be more moments of playing mixed in with the bickering! Maybe they are in a power struggle right now and just holding out for the other to give up.....whatever it is I need a vacation (maybe a girls night out or something). Any suggestions? Anyways, here are the only pics I could put together of our trip (Kylee was not being too cooperative....she kept telling me "no pictures, thank you!).














This is Greg's sister Katie with her friends daughter and Kylee refusing to sit by them




This is Greg in the kitchen (he likes to cook....I swear!)












This is Greg's Mom and Sarah....too cute!
This is Kylee and Greg's Dad....can you tell Kylee likes her Grandpa!
I would have had a picture of Greg's brother Thomas too but he was not cooperating with the picture taking either....I could have put up the picture I had of him making a face at the camera but I thought i'd be nice.

8 comments:

The Burke's said...

We didn't see you guys at church in Ojai on Sunday. I thought you might be there. I saw Greg's parents. Well despite your entry, it looks like you had a good time. At least you got some good pictures! : )

Dave Dyk said...

Too bad you weren't closer... I could use a girls night out too!

Kel said...

looks like a good time! glad it was a peaceful trip!

Anonymous said...

Cute pics! And BTW, your kids get along waaaaay better than mine. I'm sure they'll still be best buds some day like us. :-)

Leslie said...

We were in Ojai too...small world!

Dave Dyk said...

I just realized that Sarah looks a lot like her grandma!

Huhtala Family said...

No pictures, thank you! I love it...she's so silly.

Anonymous said...

oh so cute. glad the trip was ok. girls night? sounds great... when and where and I am there!