Thursday, October 11, 2007
Fed-Ex
My story has a tragic beginning....my cell phone faced a cruel death by washing machine. I must have something against cell phones because this is the second one that i've drowned. The first met its end when it "accidentally" slipped from my hand into a glass of water. I claim innocence thought....I really am quite clumsy. Anyways, Greg orders me a new cell phone....yada yada yada. Well, this afternoon I got a knock on my door (I am one of those don't answer the door kinda people unless I know you or I know your coming.....i've seen too my 48 hours). I peek out the peep-hole and see the fed-ex guy dashing down the stairs....I think they don't want you to open the door while they are there. I open the door and find the little tag they leave and it says "package left on back-door". Ok this might not sound so funny to you but it will once I explain a bit.....I live in an apartment.....second story......no backdoor. I go down to talk to the "office" to see if it was left there and they just put "back door" by mistake....no package. I go back to my apartment and out to the balcony since this was the only other logical conclusion and "ta da" there is the package. Ok, i'm just laughing writing this because in order for the package to end up on my balcony the fed-ex man had to chuck it up there and hope that he doesn't miss and it end up in my downstairs neighbors patio. The other thing is that, HELLO, it was a cell phone! You don't just lob it up onto a balcony. What was the fed-ex guy thinking! So if you have anything valuable or breakable I might try another carrier if I were you!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
Oh my gosh, Karin! I was seriously rolling on the floor laughing over this one. He threw it up on the balcony?? He threw it?! What was he thinking?!? Well, does the phone work? That is seriously so funny!
That is so funny! Did you hear something hit the back of your house? That sounds crazy! Next time you are expecting a package you should put a note on your door that says, "Please do not throw it on my balcony, I know this sounds crazy, but don't do it."
Hillarious!! Still laughing about this one!!
Your story was so funny I made Nate read it then we laughed together! I can't believe they did that. Was your phone okay?
You're right, that was pretty funny! Thanks for posting on my blog, it's been fun to hear from you guys! Hope you don't mind that I added you to my list. Where are you guys at these days? I don't even know.
ok how funnny.. I love it.. I haven't forgotten about you. Colby has been deathly ill with a 102 temp. Hopefully we can talk soon. was the phone ok?
Ok, this guy was either really lacking in the brain cells or just really bored and trying to find creative ways to confuse people.
What a story! I was laughing so much Taylor had to hear the story too! We both are still laughing!
Post a Comment