Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Camping at Camp Far West

This year we braved camping….its been a LONG time since we last went (i.e. when Kylee was 4 months we went with my sister and hubby up to Burney Falls) so it was about time. It was peer pressure but in a good way and we LOVED it!!! We’ll probably do it again before another 4 years comes and goes. :)! So, with two tents (we don’t have a tent big enough to fit all of us and a pack-n-play), car loaded as if we were leaving our house permanently, and three very excited children in tow we headed to Camp Far West (approx. 40 minutes from our house). You laugh! Yes, it was close but come on….we could have opted for our backyard but we ventured beyond. Camp Far West is so fun because it’s basically a party zone 24/7 because of the lake. The kids were in the water most of the 24 hours that we were there. Yes, we only stayed one night…..
We have to ease back into these things people!! Anyways, there were 11 families totally around 24 adults and 22 children from our ward. The kids had a blast with the two kayaks and multiple boating trips. Kylee went out many times on the tube behind the boat with friends; she was so cute out there screaming on all the bumps. Sarah even went out a few times with Greg and I on the tube. That was not the highlight of Sarah’s camping trip though like it was for Kylee. No, Sarah was pretty much obsessed with a little dog one of the families brought named Olive. She was her constant companion and I caught her giving her many little doggie kisses on the lips. And Emma just kinda hung out on my hip, in the playpen or highchair. She was probably confused about why we were outside for so long but was a good sport about it all. Greg and I swapped watching the kiddos so we could take turns out on the boat as well. Greg and I both tried Wakeboarding for the first time. Greg was much better than me and was even doing jumps off the wake. Sigh, why am I not athletically inclined is beyond me. It seems as if whatever Greg tries he can just do it so naturally and I…..well, lets just say I got up a few times on the wakeboard but not for any duration that would allow me jumping the wake. Thought I did fall into the wake many MANY times. Anyways, it was a successful camping trip….we found that we can survive a little dirt (ok a lot of dirt), no sleep for one night, and lots of fun with friends!! Thanks to all those who coordinated this fun trip and especially those who supplyed all the fun water toys!!! Can’t wait for the next trip!






























Can you tell Emma and I didn't have any sleep?





6 comments:

Mary Child said...

Karin, it's so fun to catch up with you guys! I haven't been bloggin' as much and I feel like I've missed a ton-

Kylee's birthday pic's are so cute; looks like she had a great day.

I'm so jealous of the camping trip- that sounds SO FUN and I laughed out loud at "the car loaded as if we are leaving our house permanently"... SO TRUE, especially when camping with kids!

You look SO GOOD Karin! You are super-model pretty... that Greg scored with you!!!

So fun to catch up with you; as always, your girls are completely adorable.

Dave Dyk said...

How fun! We too are going to brave a short (probably just one night) camping trip this summer too. I do remember you guys going camping (I think you had a cabin) a couple summers ago so you guys are like pros now! Glad you are enjoying life in CA!

Susanne said...

What fun pictures! Looks like you guys had an awesome time!

Jen said...

Looks like you had a good time! We love camping - that's how we got from Seattle to VA, we camped the whole way and it was the best vacation ever - and spend as much of the summer out in the tent as possible. But we lucked out - my boys sleep BETTER out on the ground than at home! Some nights I'm tempted to shove them out to the backyard just to get them to sleep!

tara said...

cute pictures! that looked like so much fun, but i'm sure the looks are a little deceiving what with sleep deprivation and all. your kids are so cute and you look great. i'm so sorry to hear about your mom by the way. i had no idea. it seems like maybe i was on my mission or something. anyway, i'm glad to see that the rest of you are all doing so well and are happy and healthy. enjoy that sunny weather and send some our way!

Larissa@Just Another Day in Paradise said...

That all looked like so much fun. I also went through some past posts to catch up on what you were up to...that party was way cute. Love the circus theme, and kudos on the hand painted cutout.