PICKY EATERS
Me of course but thats typical....its just gotten worse since i've been pregnant! On my top "will not touch list" is pasta (which is really usually a staple), any spaghetti sauce, and bananas of all things! Besides me though there has been this strange phase Kylee has moved into where she can't eat hardly anything. I shouldn't say can't but she most definitely will not (she makes herself gag if she is forced to). Her daily diet includes: cereal for breakfast (thank goodness!), pretzels, apples (sliced and peeled), sour dough bread, dipping sauce, broccoli and zucchini, pasta, and chicken. If I try to give her anything that varies from this menu our conversation goes as follows: "don't make me eat it", "its so gross", "i'm going to be sick".....this was over pizza the other day. I didn't realize how frustrating I must have been to my mother growing up, but let me tell you it takes every last good string in my body to tolerate this newest trend.
ATTITUDE
I will skip to attitude first and leave the funny part for last. Ok, I thought as kids got older they were supposed to get easier!! Seriously I feel like I have a teenage daughter living in my house and she's not even four yet! Her most commonly used phrases are "i'm not going to be your daughter anymore", "your being a pill" (which I admit she did pick up from me), and "i'm going to my room!!". Sarah and Kylee have been getting along great....apparently i'm the one stirring up the pot.
SILLY FACES
Me of course but thats typical....its just gotten worse since i've been pregnant! On my top "will not touch list" is pasta (which is really usually a staple), any spaghetti sauce, and bananas of all things! Besides me though there has been this strange phase Kylee has moved into where she can't eat hardly anything. I shouldn't say can't but she most definitely will not (she makes herself gag if she is forced to). Her daily diet includes: cereal for breakfast (thank goodness!), pretzels, apples (sliced and peeled), sour dough bread, dipping sauce, broccoli and zucchini, pasta, and chicken. If I try to give her anything that varies from this menu our conversation goes as follows: "don't make me eat it", "its so gross", "i'm going to be sick".....this was over pizza the other day. I didn't realize how frustrating I must have been to my mother growing up, but let me tell you it takes every last good string in my body to tolerate this newest trend.
ATTITUDE
I will skip to attitude first and leave the funny part for last. Ok, I thought as kids got older they were supposed to get easier!! Seriously I feel like I have a teenage daughter living in my house and she's not even four yet! Her most commonly used phrases are "i'm not going to be your daughter anymore", "your being a pill" (which I admit she did pick up from me), and "i'm going to my room!!". Sarah and Kylee have been getting along great....apparently i'm the one stirring up the pot.
SILLY FACES
Sarah has some of the funniest faces ever.....and she makes them all the time! They are usually given with key phrases...its hilarious! 

This one is with "NO!" and then she makes this face.....and usually breathes really hard thru her nose.
Here it is from another angle:This one is with the phrase "Ewwww" or "yucky" or even "thats gross!" She even curls up her one side even more and its so funny....I just couldn't get in on camera!

And this is her just normal....just in case you were worried. She does make cute smiley faces too! And yes that is Kylee's hair like 6 inches shorter! We had to chop it since she found a pair of scissors and was trying to do the job herself. She has been begging me to cut her hair for awhile now.....I guess its what I get for not listening!
Anyways, that was our January.....oh and i'm measuring 2 weeks early! Maybe Emma will be a May baby! Who knows!



6 comments:
I love the pictures. Kids make the funniest faces. Hopefully Kaylee grows out of her picky phase quick! Good luck!
I hear you on the picky eater issues. Jake has even been known to make himself throw up. And the foods they decide are nasty are the normal foods that kids are supposed to like! I just don't get it! Oh, and I also totally understand the 'tude. When Jake turned three I swear he actually turned into a 13 year old girl. It does get a little better, at least now his favorite saying isn't "what-ever" anymore!
I hear you on the picky eater issues. Jake has even been known to make himself throw up. And the foods they decide are nasty are the normal foods that kids are supposed to like! I just don't get it! Oh, and I also totally understand the 'tude. When Jake turned three I swear he actually turned into a 13 year old girl. It does get a little better, at least now his favorite saying isn't "what-ever" anymore!
Instead of gagging, Kate chews the food up and then doesn't swallow it. It just sits in her mouth. It is seriously disgusting (and you'd think it would be worse for her to have it in her mouth if she doesn't like it... but I think she's just trying to torture me by not swallowing). Oh, and Kylee's new cut is super cute!
we haven't hit the gagging/picky eater stage too hard yet, i'm so not looking forward to it. but good gravy your girls are so beautiful!!
What a happy January!!!
Post a Comment